Walker Fraser & Steele
Call now
Call now
Walker Fraser & Steele If you're selling a property in Scotland, you'll need a Home Report. A Home Report from Walker Fraser Steele provides information about the property to potential buyers. If the property you are selling is exempt from the Home Report legislation, one of our RICS Chartered Surveyors in Scotland can prepare a Mortgage Valuation for you. An Energy Report is required when a property is sold or rented for the first time in Scotland and is valid for 10 years.

Walker Fraser Steele can help you. Give us a call on 0141 221 0442 or email [email protected] and we will be happy to advise you.

read more › Founded in Glasgow in 1884, Walker Fraser Steele is one of the longest established Chartered Surveyor brands in Scotland. We're proud of our Scottish heritage and reputation, which has allowed us to stay at the forefront of the residential property market in Scotland for well over a century. We provide Home Reports, Mortgage Valuations and Energy Reports to Scottish homeowners, and valuations and property risk advice to a large proportion of UK lenders. Buying and selling property is an emotive process for many and we'd love to be a part of your next move.

read more › Since 2008, anyone selling a property in Scotland needs to have a Home Report. The Scottish Home Report is designed to provide home buyers with all the information they need about the property to help them make an informed decision. When one of our RICS-registered Chartered Surveyors prepares a Scottish Home Report, it will consist of four key elements including the Single Survey, a Mortgage Valuation, a Property Questionnaire and an Energy Report. You can find out more about these elements below.

read more › The Single Survey forms part of the overall Scottish Home Report. It's primarily designed to provide information about the condition of the property being marketed, along with an opinion of market value, to help home buyers make informed decisions (before committing to an offer). This section tells you about the type, accommodation, neighbourhood, age and construction of the property. It also tells you about the extent of the inspection and highlights anything that the surveyor could not inspect.

read more › Newly converted premises where the property converted into a new home has never been used in its converted state. Seasonal and holiday accommodation which, legally, can only be lived in for up to 11 months of the year. This does not include second homes or holiday cottages that could be used all year. A portfolio of residential properties. These are a group of homes which will be sold in one transaction to one "commercial" buyer and not as separate homes. Dual-use of a dwelling house where the home is, or forms part of, a property most recently used for both residential and non-residential purposes, such as a commercial studio where the owner also lives in the home.

read more › For all buildings in Scotland, an Energy Report is required when a property is sold or rented for the first time. All residential properties which are rented or let in Scotland require an Energy Report (or Energy Performance Certificate / EPC) to comply with current legislation. An Energy Performance Certificate rates the energy efficiency of the property and provides information on its impact on the environment. It also provides practical advice on making the property more energy-efficient and an idea of the property's annual energy costs.

read more › If the Scottish property you're selling is exempt from the Home Report legislation, one of our RICS Chartered Surveyors can prepare a Mortgage Valuation for you. Mortgage Valuations are for the benefit of mortgage lenders and are designed to provide enough information for the lender to decide whether the property is safe to lend on, and up to what amount. It's important to remember that a Mortgage Valuation is only intended to give a brief inspection of the property and a market valuation - it is not a survey.

read more › Whether you're buying a house in Scotland, thinking of buying a house, or just keen to understand more about the Scottish home-buying process, Walker Fraser Steele are residential property experts and we're here to help. We've pulled together a list of the most commonly asked questions, but if you can't find the answer you want below, please don't hesitate to contact us. The Home Report will include a Single Survey, an Energy Report and a Property Questionnaire. When you apply for a mortgage, your lender will check the information you've provided on your mortgage application form.

read more › To get the clarity you need, take a look at this Cladding Q&A published by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Does each flat/apartment have to get an individual EWS form for selling, buying or remortgaging?. How does the EWS form factor into the buying, selling or remortgaging of a flat/apartment?. If the building owner has not proactively tested the external wall materials, what does the seller need to do?. If the building owner will not undertake the required assessment, what can the owner/lender/valuer do?.

Review Walker Fraser & Steele

Be the first to review Walker Fraser & Steele.

Write a Review

We recommend